Kpando is a very nice village close to Lake Volta and offers a whole range of scenery and activities for tourists, visitors and volunteers.
Enjoy the wonder that is Kpando!!!
How to get there?
Kpando is about 208 km north from Accra. In Accra there is daily public transport that takes you to Kpando in about 4 hours.
Try to leave Accra before 2 pm or on a sunday so that you avoid the traffic jam and you will travel by daylight and enjoy the nice scenery after Atimpoku.
- Every day there are several tro-tro's to Kpando as well at Tudu Station or Tema Station (ask taxi driver to drop you at the station).
- Other option is to take STC bus (if you are lucky it's a new one) that leaves in the afternoon at Tudu Station. Experience with STC is that it will take you 5 to 10 hours to reach Kpando.
- The airco Uytong bus that leaves around 10 to 12 o'clock at Novotel park (was available in 2013, no idea if this service still exists).
- You can also decide to charter a taxi.
Where to eat and drink in Kpando?
For food you can enjoy the food on the streets. But for tourists there are some limited options with Western food
- Catering service Emo House (contact us to make arrangement)
- Bowman City has nice restaurant
- Restaurant Hotor Hotel or Cedi Guesthouse (not always available)
- Indomie or rice dishes near Akusika drinking spot
For longer stay best option is to cook yourself or ask somebody to cater for you.
Where to stay?
If you want to stay for a longer period of time best choice is to look for a homestay. This option is cheaper than hotels and you will enjoy the hospitality of the friendly Ewe. Emo Foundation NGO has two homestays Emo House Kpando and Jungle House. Contact us for availability.
There are also a large range of hotels and guesthouses in Kpando Town.
Prizes will be vary from 50 to 100 GHc. Best options are
Volta Lake with beautiful Islands
Boat trip on Lake Volta
Fishing on the lake with local Fishermen
Get active and sporty
Keep fit every saturday morning at 6 am
Rent a bike and make a cycle tour around Kpando
Scenery at the top of Mount Nsumoro at Agbenoxoe
Join a local Football or Sports club
Attend a ceremony whilst visiting a Chief and his elders
|Go for guided tour to Todzi and learn all about the colonial history|
|A local guide can tell you intresting stories about the Akpini history|
The local Borborbor dance
|Ask for performance of Desiadenyo Culture Troupe at Torkor|
Kente weaver in Kpando town
|Kpando Pottery at Fesi|
|Original souvenirs at Francis Woodcarver|
Become Kpando yourself
Worship on sunday morning
|Grotto in Agbenoxoe|
Visit one of the Spots in town
|Volunteer or visit a school|
|Friends for ever.|
Try it yourself